Thursday, July 5, 2007

Pollen, my Nemesis


Bad allergy day today... Maybe it had something to do with the fact that I was out at 7am pruning all the plants and deadheading flowers? The backyard is so inviting but it's a no go zone for me most of the time. Lisa DeJohn told me that "Willamette Valley", where I live, means "valley of sickness". I Googled it. She's right!! But no matter how much I sneeze and get forehead-boring migraines, I'll never leave.

My Japanese yellow plum has 5 fruits on it this year! I might be able to make a small danish pastry... if the birds don't get them first. The Fuyu Persimmon tree out front had 3 fruits last year, and now I see over 30 starts. It's going to be a gorgeous tree once autumn arrives. The Japanese varieties do so well here, which makes me happy.

1 comment:

traci said...

oh garden garden... why are you so cruel to amy! it looks so darn pretty out there lady! our peach tree doubled it's bounty this year... i wish they'd hurry up and ripen so i could pick em all.